Call for Proposals to co-organize ICBB2020 is now open
ICBB is pleased to announce this Call for Proposals for individuals or groups interested in co-organize the next ICBB conference, arranged in the third quarter of 2020.
The proposal deadline is the 1 September, 2019. If you are not personally interested but know of someone else who could do an excellent job of organizing this event, please feel free to forward this information.
I. An overview of ICBB
a. Previous ICBBs
Previously conferences were successfully held in China (2013 & 2012); Hong Kong (2014); Singapore (2015); Bangkok, Thailand (2016); Offenburg, Germany (2017); Lahore Pakistan (2017, agriculture aspect), Budapest, Hungary (2018) and now in Poznan, Poland (2019). For more details about previous conferences, please visit conference archive at https://www.icbb.ibch.poznan.pl/about/archive.html
With the aim of continuing these successful conferences, ICBB is now soliciting applications for the co-organization of our next meeting for 2020.
b. Aims and Scope
ICBB is designed to promote interactive discussions at both the talks and poster sessions, and will feature a mix of invited speakers drawn from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. The conference is therefore purposely broad to cover all aspects of biotechnology and bioengineering. The main objective of this conference is to bring people together from diverse disciplines to review progress and to exchange ideas in all aspects of biotechnology and bioengineering.
II. The details of the proposal requirements
Having co-organised the ICBB conference with Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences; Adam Mickiewicz University in ICBB2019; Szent Istvan University, CAR - Hungarian Academy of Sciences, in ICBB2018, ICBB now looks to continue expanding its network of affiliations by seeking proposals from other universities or institutions, or by working with a group that has a similar interest in organising a new biotechnology meeting.
a. Preliminary proposals should provide:
· Names and short CVs of local organising committee members and their proposed roles
· Planned meeting dates and location
· Focus of scientific program (required if a focus on a specialist research topic is planned)
· Plans for publishing or online dissemination of the proceedings
b. For co-organizer:
· Help to announce the conference information on university / institution website and to circulate the information in social platform / by mail list;
· Help to provide visa-support invitations to participants;
· Provide academic support such as create scientific program and/or recommend potential speakers;
· Circulate the conference information, advertise and promote the conference in scientific platform.
· No financial support will be needed.
c. Criteria for evaluation
· Proposals that emphasize and encourage attendance from a diverse range of regional groups and attendees will have an advantage.
· The meeting should be in a place where there is expected to be a sizeable local community from which attendance can be expected, as well as reasonable international access to a nearby airport.
· Budget is within the range which can be covered by reasonably estimated registration fees alone, in the event that sponsor funding does not materialize
· Preference will be given to organising committees with diverse representation
· Proposers should have experience with organising meetings
· Proposals should be submitted via email to email@example.com by 1 September 2019.
ICBB Organizing Committee